I think I left last time in the middle of building my new wildlife pond and with pictures of the old bath tub and a big pile of old pond liner! Many of you I am sure now think I'm completely mad and must be wondering how on earth I can rescue this mess and turn it into a small pond!!??.... On top of this I think you will also remember that I said I planned to do this as cheaply as possible of if possible for free!?....Can't be possible can it???...
So without further ado lets crack on and see what the last couple of weekends have produced!....
- Tin Bath ..... Rescued from being skipped ... Free
- Liner ..... Saved from temporary fish holding tank when we moved ... Free
- Cement Pavers (used for levelling and foundations etc) ... Free to collector
- Cement/mortar .... bought from Wickes .... £12 http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cement+Mortar/Mortars/icat/cmmortar/?tmcampid=97&tmad=c&tmplaceref=PPC_ggl_0002219&gclid=
- Logs .... Saved from tree pruning ..... Free
- Rocks .... Free to collector
- Pebbles & other landscaping stones ... recycled from around the garden ... Free
- Soil / Compost ... free from garden
- Wooden path edge posts ... removed and reused from original path ... Free
- Water .... from Koi pond .... Free
- Plants ... Mostly cuttings from other plants although a few bought from ebay at 50p - £1 each ....£8
- Pathway Bark ... Wickes offer earlier in the year 3 for £10 http://www.wickes.co.uk/bark-chippings/invt/200248/